Comprehensive Post-Hospital Care for Seniors in Toronto
The hospitalization of a loved one can be stressful enough that it can be hard to focus on the demanding post-hospital care that a senior needs. The first 72 hours at home after being discharged are the most crucial time for patients. Constant monitoring and care is necessary which is why having Toronto’s most trusted post-hospital care specialists by your side can make all the difference.
Avoid Readmission with Tailored Post-Hospital Care Plans
After hospitalization senior adults are left even more vulnerable to infection or injury which could lead to readmission into the hospital. Home Care Assistance is here to help avoid the cycle of hospital stays by implementing a plan to help your loved one stay safe and healthy. Our post hospital care plans will provide such services as:
- Comprehensive assessment to determine the medical and personal needs of your loved one and your family
- Transportation to therapy and follow-up appointments
- Reminders for all medications medical needs
- Injury prevention with monitoring and mobility aid
- Ongoing help with daily tasks like cleaning and errands
- Help with hygiene such as bathing, dressing and incontinence
- Emotional companionship and physical support for your elderly loved one and your family
- Care Manager who constantly reevaluates potential needs in order to successfully rehabilitate at home
6 Steps for a Smooth Transition from Hospital to Home
Our post-hospital caregivers work closely with your physician’s discharge plan to provide a level of care that is geared to meet your senior’s specific needs. Home Care Assistance understands that recovery time can vary anywhere from a few weeks to a month and we are here for as long as you need us. Our certified caregivers work closely with your elderly parent and your family to move through the six steps of rehabilitation, from focusing on rest and proper nutrition intake to achieving the long-term goal of full independence.
If you would like to talk to a Care Manager about how we can help with the rehabilitation and in home care of your loved one call (416) 488-8777 and set up a free in-home consultation.